Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bad movie -- don't feel so bad because of Netflix

I don't feel so bad when we choose a sucky movie these days because we get them from netflix. We can return it tomorrow and by Friday we'll have a new choice. All for one monthly fee... what a great concept. We've been Netflix customers for a few years now and it has given us access to a lot of movies we never would have seen on the shelves of the local video stores. But we do get some duds, like tonight. Actually, I didn't get a dud, my husband did. He has been a fan of Tenacious D for many years. He and his best pal have excellent voices and although I'm not a fan of the Tenacious D lyrics, when I hear those two belting out some of the tunes from the 1st album, it is entertaining.
Anyway, husband was anxiously awaiting seeing the movie and seeing how we don't go out to the movies because of the difficulty in finding childcare, we put it on our netflix queue long ago. He got the CD and I was not impressed at all.
I've been sitting here processing payroll for the biz and occasionally glancing up at the movie, The Pick of Destiny. It ain't pretty! Husband is disappointed. I guess it wasn't a great idea for the members of Tenacious D to do a movie about themselves.... I mean, they already did that with their HBO show.

So, I don't think I would even recommend it as a rental. It is already difficult to squeeze in time to get a bit of work on the book done and read a bit -- nevermind the yoga I keep meaning to get back to (it's only been since before I was pregnant with my now 2 year old!).

No comments: