Wednesday, March 08, 2006

God, that girl can eat!

I just have to say that I love it that my little girl can eat. My son is as picky as they come and it really stressed me out the first 2.5 years of his life. He is pretty lanky and just doesn't like many different foods. He is getting a bit more adventurous and does eat fruit, so we can work with it. He just has a boring diet and we try to get in good foods where we can.
My 14 month old is completely different. She nursed like crazy from the beginning and put on weight quickly. I'm still surpised that she's not up there in weight (she's pretty average) because, man, that girl can eat. She loves almost everything except melon and eggs.
Let's just have a sample of today:
1/2 banana
1 plain waffle (a little butter here)
about 1/4 cup blueberries
piece of string cheese
cup of milk
4 strawberries
1/2 grilled cheese sandwich
handful of cut up grapes
bite of my cookie (bad mommy!)
1/2 cup yogurt
a few crackers
1/2 cup spaghettie and one meatball
1/2 cup corn
a few more blueberries
1 cup milk
Oh, and she also still nurses about 3 times a day. I'm not some freaky person constantly trying to fatten her up, but I do enjoy that I have one less thing to worry about with her. I know that toddlers can be notoriously picky, so I'll be on the lookout for that over the next few months, but I think we will definitely have an easier time with her.

No comments: