Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nail biting

In my pre-mom days I was a smoker. Gross, I know, but that's what I was. I loved nothing more than to come home after work and enjoy a glass of wine and a ciggy. The day I found out I was expecting our son was the day I quit smoking. It's crazy because I had tried so many other things to quit and who knew all I had to do was get knocked up?
It wasn't hard at all and I never craved a smoke (even after having been a smoker for 7 years) once I knew I was responsible for the development of another human.
But now I have a problem... since the day I quit smoking I have become a nail biter.
Another yucky habit and one that is on display for others to see.
I have my 15 year high school reunion coming up in 1 month and I have decided that I want to show up with nice hands. Hubby already tells me I have a nice ass (I think he needs glasses) so I don't have to work on that. Even without the nail biting my hands are a wreck. With two young children -- one in diapers -- I wash my hands about a thousand times a day. I mow my own lawn, plant my own flowers, do the dishes, the laundry, scrub the toilets -- you get the idea -- and all of those things takes a toll on a girl's hands. I don't have Madge's Palmolive hands.

I picked a hell of a night to stop biting my nails, though. Lost is on.
Tomorrow I think I'll post a "before" pic of the hands and hopefully my after pic in a month will be an improvement.

No comments: