Wednesday, April 18, 2007

They say the strangest things

Husband and I are refinancing our home loan right now (fun!) and the travelling notary came over this evening to have us sign away our lives. The crazy thing is that our son and daughter will be the same age as husband and I, respectively, when we pay off our house. Ack!
Anyway, the woman walked in as we were finishing up dinner and son went to greet her. He turned to me and said, "Mommy, is that grandma?"
I don't think she heard and I quickly shooed him into the other room.
This woman is younger than me -- so she's like 20 -- so I don't have any idea why he would ask such a strange question. She doesn't look anything like either of his grandmas.

We got some bad news today... my younger sister's dog, who has lived with my brother and his wife for the past 6 years (long story) has cancer. I see Sunshine a few times a week and he is a great dog. He loves my brother and gets severly depressed if Tom has to leave for any amount of time. The poor dog has a tumor the size of a bowling ball on his spleen. The vet is thinking that the cancer might not have spread so he's going to remove the spleen and hopefully Sunshine will be with us for a few more years. I hope.
My sister-in-law is now calling Sunshine her "bathroom dog". She had saved up a bit of cash to redo one of her bathrooms and now this surgery will deplete most of those funds. But it's a small price to pay for a loyal friend.

No comments: